Monday, April 19, 2010

Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos

Having just finished Belong To Me, I was excited when my request for this book came through. This book secured a place for Marisa De Los Santos as one of my newest favorite authors. Her style is unique, her stories unfold with believable yet unpredictable twists and she obviously has a clear picture of the complexities of relationships.

Love Walked In is the debut book for this author, but I was in no way disappointed to have read it second. In fact, I think I may have liked this book EVEN MORE because I was already in love with several of the characters who re-surface in Belong To Me. This book is told by two narrators--Cornelia and Clare--and is the story of how they became a family. I'm not going to go into detail but I love how De Los Santos shows that it's not a choice to fall in love and that sometimes, you become a family without the bonds of marriage or blood.

Would I recommend this book? YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment