Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler

I can't count how many times in my life I've said the words "I LOVE Chelsea Handler!" but let me tell you, it's somewhere around 1000. I was SO excited when my book club chose this in December, but soon disappointed to find out that it was available neither in my local library nor Barnes & Noble. I decided to wait until one of my friends finished her copy and lent it to me. I was so excited when I finally got it that I read the entire thing in one day.

This is Handler's first book, a memoir of her many one-night stands, and it is HILARIOUS! If you've never seen/heard/read anything by Chelsea Handler, this is as good a place as any to start. She's got a very crude sense of humor that not everyone can appreciate, but personally, I LOVE Chelsea Handler! There, I've said it again...make it 1001 :)

Would I recommend this book? Only if you think you can handle her...definitely not for the conservatives among us. I've just picked up her 2nd book, "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." and CAN'T WAIT to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment