Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

I can't recall the specifics, but this book was recommended so I added it to one of my lists. Recently, a package arrived from some friends and included this book (which I had forgotten about. Anyway, I read it...and now am curious about the source of the suggestion.

This book is odd. Not bad, just odd. It is a series of letters written by a teen named Charlie, simply addressed "Dear Friend" so we do not know anything about the recipient. Charlie is a strange boy, and as the book progresses, it becomes more obvious why, but nonetheless, he is strange. At different points in the book, I had a hard time following his letters--his thoughts are often quite scattered and/or distracted, or maybe he is just VERY different than I--either way, it wasn't an easy read.

Would I recommend this book? Maybe. I can think of at least one person I know whom I am sure would really like this style and the story--if only because my friend is just as scattered and confused as Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment