Friday, January 15, 2010

Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner

I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Weiner and have read every one of her books so naturally I got a hold of this on as soon as I could. Sadly, I was disappointed. This book wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't a page-turner like her previous works.

This is the story of two old friends who parted ways in high school but reconnect the night of their class reunion after one of them exacts revenge on the person she blames for tearing the two apart 15 years ago. There is a typical ugly duckling transformation and a several very predictable male characters, but nothing much to excite the reader as the two women struggle with their past hurts and current situations.

Most of JW's books have kept me so engaged that hours would pass without recognition, but I had no trouble putting this one down. While there are great parts along the way, I didn't find the book very interesting overall.

Would I recommend this book? I hate to say it, but probably not...especially if you don't already LOVE Jennifer Weiner like I do as this should not be your first impression of an otherwise wonderful author.

No comments:

Post a Comment