Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Life of Pi by Yann Martel

I have been meaning to read this for a while, and I'm glad I finally got around to it~ I LOVE THIS BOOK! The author paints such a vivid picture that you can clearly see each scene as the story progresses. I'll try to sum this up without giving too much away.

The story follows a 16 year old boy, the son of an Indian zoo keeper. Pi is a precocious young man who is passionate about 2 things: religion and zoology. As the family (and several of the zoo animals) is sailing from India to Canada, their ship sinks. Pi finds himself in a lifeboat with a wounded zebra, spotted hyena, orangutan and a Bengal tiger named Richard Parker. They experience many adventures, triumphs and losses as Pi comes to terms with the situation and survives 227 days at sea.

Would I recommend this book? Definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment