Monday, January 25, 2010

Tender at the Bone by Ruth Reichl

Ruth Reichl is currently the Editor In Chief of Gourmet Magazine. A few years ago a friend from my book club lent me her copy of Reichl's Garlic and Sapphires--I loved it (Thanks, Laura!). I decided it was time to start from the beginning with Reichl's original memoir, and I definitely wasn't disappointed.

This book takes us back to Reichl's childhood and the events that led her to a career in the culinary arts. Her tale is truly as unique as her talent in the kitchen. I love the stories about the crazy things her mother served! I was laughing aloud while completely disgusted; it's a miracle any of them survived!!!

This book is followed by several other memoirs, including Garlic and Sapphires, which I fully intend to read as soon as possible.

Would I recommend this book? Absolutely!

No comments:

Post a Comment