Friday, January 29, 2010

Digging to America by Anne Tyler

I LOVE THIS BOOK! My book club picked an Anne Tyler book a few months back, and while I never got around to finishing that one, I liked her style enough to keep her on my "keep reading" list. I was at the library looking for an audio book (the stock is very limited and there are only a few I haven't read/heard) and luckily, this was on the shelf!

The story follows two families--one American, the other Iranian--from the night their infant daughters arrive from a Korean adoption agency and as their lives intertwine from there. The families are as different as they could possibly be, but through many events that test their bond, become close enough that they are nearly a single family.

Would I recommend this book? YES! YES! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment